10.21.2012

pumpkin seed goodness and workshop inspiration

Pumpkin season is here which means pumpkin seed season is upon us.
Last evening, at the Faria Annual Pumpkin Carving Party, we carved pumpkins,
and I saved some seeds.

I should have saved more.
If you have seeds to spare, call me or roast them into a tasty snack yourself.
Easy Peasy, pumpkin seedy!
 Pumpkin Seed Recipe (sorta)
  • Find a perfect pumpkin
  • Clean out innards, save seeds, wash seeds in a colander and dry seeds on a tea towel.
  • Crank oven to 375.
  • dump pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet
  • Generously drizzle seeds with olive oil
  • Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh ground pepper, ground cinnamon and a wee bit of brown sugar.
  • Roast for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until seeds are puffed and golden.
  • Generously sprinkle with coarse salt while seeds are still hot.
  • Snack.
  • Repeat until pumpkin season is over.
ps: this is paleo friendly, just skip the sugar.
***
 *****
Today I had the amazing opportunity to take a food styling photo workshop at Teahouse Studio with Joy the Baker and Tracy of Shutterbean.


 Here is a sneak peek...more details forthcoming.

Cultivating creativity, hanging with a good friend, meeting new friends, eating the most delicious lunch and recharging my batteries, so to speak.

 My props.

A reminder.

1 comment:

  1. I made your pumpkin seed recipe tonight and they turned out yummy! Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!