Pumpkin season is here which means pumpkin seed season is upon us.
Last evening, at the Faria Annual Pumpkin Carving Party, we carved pumpkins,
and I saved some seeds.
I should have saved more.
If you have seeds to spare, call me or roast them into a tasty snack yourself.
Easy Peasy, pumpkin seedy!
Pumpkin Seed Recipe (sorta)
- Find a perfect pumpkin
- Clean out innards, save seeds, wash seeds in a colander and dry seeds on a tea towel.
- Crank oven to 375.
- dump pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet
- Generously drizzle seeds with olive oil
- Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh ground pepper, ground cinnamon and a wee bit of brown sugar.
- Roast for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until seeds are puffed and golden.
- Generously sprinkle with coarse salt while seeds are still hot.
- Repeat until pumpkin season is over.
ps: this is paleo friendly, just skip the sugar.
Today I had the amazing opportunity to take a food styling photo workshop at Teahouse Studio with Joy the Baker and Tracy of Shutterbean.
Here is a sneak peek...more details forthcoming.
Cultivating creativity, hanging with a good friend, meeting new friends, eating the most delicious lunch and recharging my batteries, so to speak.