10.14.2012

30 days of grace and love day 12 & 13

Sorta seems like cheating when the days are combined 
but that is living out grace and love,
combining the days, the moments, and the sentiments.

Finding grace and love in the everyday,
(where I spotted it in my everyday...today)
in the washing of dishes,
in the hugs of loved ones
in the shared tears,
in the sermon preached at church,
in the laughter of a child,
in the golden pink sunset,
in the fog covered bridge,
in the lunch date,
in the love of a grandma,
in the thoughtfulness of a friend,
in the kind word,
in the haunting lyrics of a song,
in the tender moments,
in the prose of a novel,
in the tousled hair of a son,
in the lazy morning,
in the honey crisp apple,
in the grocery store,
in the dripped for you coffee,
in the congregational song,
in the stirring of the soul,
and in the eucharist.
Grace and love hand in hand.
I am watching for it.
Are you?

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said. There is so much to be thankful for this season. I'm grateful for golden sunsets, sugar pumpkins, crisp fall air, and snuggling up with my husband. It's these little things that bring me the most joy in my life.

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!