12.01.2011

Lucy

3+ years ago lucy entered our lives in the form of a puppy.
see exhibit 1
then a name
see exhibit 2

here she is today with jude..a bid thee farewell photo.
oh how we love her...she stole our hearts.
exhibit a
she was exceedingly loyal (too loyal), faithful, and fun.
the most wonderful companion a family could wish for

she loved and was loved and will love again.
our hearts are so heavy
oh, so heavy.
in fact, i never knew one could cry so much over a dog.
i had no idea.

yesterday, lucy did something out character, she bit a child.
today we surrendered her to animal services.
the hardest decisions are often the right decisions.
as someone wisely wrote to me earlier today:
"God's eye is on the sparrow and on the dog and the humans too."



****
please note that the child is doing fine...the skin was not broken.
for which we are so grateful.

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! I will pray that your family is comforted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I am so sorry you guys. Will be praying for you all too :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nicole, my heart goes out to you. This is tough and I will be praying extra for your family. I'm not even a "dog person" and i cried buckets over our dog. So sorry to hear what happened Love, aunt kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so so sorry. I'm thinking of you and your lovies - all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this made me cry just a little bit :(
    Praying for your family tonight <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nicole, I am SO sorry for you all. Our dogs are such special parts of our lives and Lucy had the friendliest "smile" I had ever seen this summer!
    Am sending big "hold-on-and just-feel-the love" hugs and prayers
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Nicole, I cannot even imagine how much this broke your heart. Sending you so much love. So much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your Lucy. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!