9.24.2011

treasure boxes

my mini collection box...from adulthood
you know when you are a kid and you collect every single feather, cool rock, bottle cap, random piece of plastic, odd seashells, old pennies and shot cases?
you did that right?
well, i still do it.
once a collector, always a collector!


john's cigar case of finds
if one collector marries another collector and they have children will their children be collectors of random bits of nature paraphernalia?
will every feather, rock, polished stone display, penny pressing machine and sea stone be worthy of saving?
likely.
obviously in our case.

the inside of john's box of finds
what is better storehouse of treasure than an old box cigar box?
truly.
a cool old cigar box full of goodies.

some of john's treasures
for awhile i have been on the look out for old cigar boxes (or new cigar boxes) for
jude and dels to stash some recent vacation treasures.
now, i did not look too hard but asked here and there.
just the other day, i pulled up in front of a random cigar shop with a sign selling empty boxes.
bingo.

recently acquired wooden cigar boxes
so, i picked up a small stash for my kids and their found objects.
they were thrilled and have already given me a "tour" of their treasures.
every time i say the word treasure i am reminded about what Jesus said about treasure.
***
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


3 comments:

  1. From one collector to another, we need to keep the joy alive. I'll be finding boxes for my grand-girls...maybe I'll decorate them with them when they are old enough to not eat a paintbrush!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The collector in me loves the collector in you. I will have to scout my local stores for cigar boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma B was one. I am one. We are from the same mold you and I!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!