2.24.2011

still on holiday


Note: this photo was taken by my ever talented husband at the Getty.
As I write we are awaiting for room service...a first for all of us...we never stay in hotels with the option of room service so this is fun. We are in Borrego Springs, smack dab in the middle of the Anza Borrego Desert. Big plans for hiking tomorrow. Sadly, the desert is not in full bloom but there are blooms on sages, ocotillo and a smattering of wildflowers.

Today was a whirlwind visit with a friend, a delicious date shake at Shields Date Garden, an informative stop at the Salton Sea visitor center and we listened to several chapters of "The History of the World".

I love vacation and I love roadtrips. I love staying with good friends (Thanks Craig!), meeting up with folks, trying new foods, seeing new sights and learning something I didn't already know.

So far on this holiday road trip we have explored the Getty, ate at Yuca's, Roscoe's and at an inn in Solvang, backtracked all over Griffith Park, spent money at "The American Girl" and Lego stores, watched "The King's Speech"and certainly I am missing some fun times from this list.

We still have 3 more days on our holiday and lots of adventures.

Pics and details to follow upon our return home.

Stay tuned and in the meantime check out the links embedded in this post!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great opportunity for Delia, she did such a good job! Amelia is still talking about her mask she made. I've heard the Borrego Springs resort is niiiice, glad you got a chance to stay there! Enjoy another date shake for me... I was just thinking about one of those the other day. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles! If you ever want restaurant tips, let us know...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!