1.12.2011

Non-Resolutions


I am terrible at making resolutions and sticking to them.
A big fat failure.
Truly.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for myself.
Big hopes and dreams.
At nearly 39 years old, I have come to accept that I need to set those resolutions aside.
I need simplicity.
One simple goal.
Are you ready for it?
Are you sure?
TO FALL IN LOVE WITH MY LIFE.
This is not an original thought, I read it somewhere (can't recall which blog).
But the love and the life is mine.
So, for 2011 it is my goal is to love my life.
That's it:
Fall in love with my good, beautiful, blessed life.
Not to change my life so I will love it but to truly embrace and accept and love this good life.
One day, one moment and one experience at a time.
Come on life I love you.
...
2010 was a lousy year for me.
I tried to change the course of my life, I was teetering on depression, I made a mess of numerous friendships, forgot birthdays, was neurotic and self centered, restless and aimless, I upset those who love me, yelled way too much at my kids, forgot to deliver food to a family with new babies, I grumbled and complained, I didn't even send out Christmas cards and so it goes.
I am sorry to you all and to myself for not loving this life God gave me...forgive me.
2011 is a new year, a fresh start but the same life only this time I am falling in love with it.

8 comments:

  1. nicole, this is a fantastic non-resolution. i think more people would do well to aim for this. in some respects, my theme for this year (faithfulness) is similar. i need to be faithful and give my best to what God has blessed me with, before i can ask for or expect any more. thank you for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know that YOU Nicole blessed me BIG TIME in the brief time I have re-connected with you so 2010 was not a loss in what you gave Him!
    You are inspiring this 'ol 51 year old Babe that is STILL searching for what I am supposed to do with what God has abundantly blessed me with.
    I am truly honoured to be on this life journey with you. You were an amazing young woman back in the Calgary days and I am thrilled to see a caring, warm, creative but most importantly Christ-focussed woman at a wonderful satge of her life!!
    Go Nicole GO...into 2011 running Honey!
    oxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole,
    Thanks for being able to write down my heart's cry.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. couldn't think of a better way to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is what i'm moving toward with my year of acceptance. good luck with your journey - i think doing this is the best road to happiness that i can think of.

    love your chickens too

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing. me too, me too! I want to fall in love with my life. I'm with you for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Nicole. You hit the nail on the head, in terms of my own restlessness and desire to be more peaceful and to enjoy my own blessed life more.

    I'm sorry 2010 was lousy for you: let's all have a better 2011! love you--

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart is bursting with love. Thank you all.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!