10.01.2010

knock off


Today, when I was at Anthro (my fav store ever),
I noticed pretty little hairpins made with silk ribbon tied into bows.



I thought to myself, " Hey, I could do that!"
Instead of just thinking those thoughts, I went home and moved into action.
I made an Anthroplogie knock-off.


Using items I had on hand.
As a side note, I have the tools/items to accomplish most craft projects in my home. Sad.
I gathered silk ribbons bits(leftover from a garland of the month awhile back), found a good hairpin in Delia's room and located fabric glue.


I snipped varied lengths of ribbon, tied the ribbon in a knot around the hairpin, trimmed ribbons, secured knot with fabric glue, let glue dry and placed the knock off lovely in Delia's hair.


So pretty.
So fast.
They would make a great gift add-on.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, I may have to borrow this idea myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how much was Anthro charging for those lovelies?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!