So, I got this fancy new (and clearly already smudged) toy this week.
Which means I need a ipad sleeve or case or something.
I looked on ETSY and the ones I loved are made of felt.
Which got me thinking about the wool felt I have on hand.
So, I dug through the fabric stash and found orange wool felt and an amazing piece of coordinating kokka fabric.
"I am so clever!", I think to myself.
So I haul out the sewing crapola.
I measure again.
It is always best to measure twice and cut once.
Or measure 6 times.
I think about how this sleeve will look.
I plan, without a pattern.
Not so easy for me because I can be a bit number challenged.
Oh and spatially challenged.
I call Dee for a quick over the phone consult and decide a hair elastic and button are much less work than making button holes and lining up buttons.
Finally after a couple of hours, with a soccer drop off break, I am able to add the button.
I love the colors, the feel and even the wonky flap.
I am so clever...I made a protective sleeve/case for my brand new ipad.
There is room for improvement so don't look too close but I think I could iron out the kinks in this proto-type and improve the design.
I am still debating a top stitch on the sides but then again I am debating a protective skin for the gadget itself.
So much debating.
So much goodness.