9.24.2010

ice cream sundae birthday


Every year I vow to have a simpler, less involved birthday party for my kids.
Apparently, I got the party genes....and therefore forget the promise I made to myself.
This year for Delia's 7th b-day, I tried to scale back.
A Friday evening ice cream sundae party...6:30-8pm
Sounds easy enough, right?


Fortunately, it was a gloriously warm and rare September evening so the wild rumpus was outside.
I mean wild, wild, wild rumpus.
The neighbors were likely not too happy.
To top is off we sugared those kids up with ice cream and all sorts of delectable toppings.


There was a mini 8 flavor ice cream tasting, complete with a form to fill out.

Followed by a game of "pin the cherry on the sundae"!
We finished the festivities off, with a build your own sundae extravaganza.
Undocumented, due to the fading light and madness of helping 13 kids with ice cream, whipped cream and the such.
A fun time was had by all.
Truly.
Did I mention the party was only 1 1/2 hours?
The perfect length.
Sadly, I did not get a photo of all the party goers.
I always like to capture the birthday kid with their friends.
Nor did I get a photo of the birthday girl.
Technically her birthday is not until Sunday...I"ll document that day!
Next year...one friend. Period.
Yeah, right.



2 comments:

  1. Yet again, another great party idea. Happy Delia Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fantastic party - love the sundae game

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!