9.29.2010

10 Years.

10 years ago on this day... a Friday evening admidst the fall foliage of the Canadian Rockies,
in a small English style pub, surrounded by our family/close friends,
before our heavenly Father,
John & I committed to a lifetime together.
Through thick and thin, richer or poorer and so on.
I still carry John's wedding vows in my wallet.
In the past 10 years we have moved twice, had two (wonderful) children, purchased 2 cars, obtained 2 cats, traveled abroad to Italy, Switzerland, England, Spain, France, Czech Republic, Mexico and throughout the States.
We learned new skills together, like the the world of deafness, special education and IEP's, building compost piles, raising chickens, children and a dog and so on.
10 years.
Those are some good memories.
10 years seems like a drop in the bucket considering what lies ahead.
I thank God for this marriage, for this husband, for this love.
...
To John, this song is for you.


2 comments:

  1. I loved this song the first time I heard it, but had never seen the music video. I cried. I blame it on the pregnancy hormones.

    Congrats on 10 years!!! You and your hubby have quite the list of accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10 years to you and your husband. I love how you talk of your relationship and while I don't know you personally (only through blogging) I get the sense that your relationship is a strong one and I admire that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!