8.06.2010

prudent advice

Do you know about this site? 500 pieces of prudent advice for my baby daughter
Check it out.
These are a few of my favorites.
Thanks sofawned for the introduction.

#250 Hold the door open.

#36 It's easier if you clean as you go.

#245 Summer camp will always be among your best memories.

#200 Take only what you need

#99 You are bound to experience disappointment.

#76 Resist the urge to chop your hair off.

#4 When given the opportunity, wear a costume.

#111 Root for other people.

this list causes me to stop and wonder what advice I would give my daughter, if i had to write it down.
here is my short list:

God's mercies are new every morning.
bake bread whenever you can.
cook for others.
make your house a home and make it open to everyone.
use what you have.
go camping.
travel the world.
live on your own for at least one year.
pay your own way.
you can't take it with you, so share.
never give up.
take courage.
keep the faith.
always choose love.
put God first.

Okay I need to think of more, those are just off the top of my head.

What advice would you give your daughter? Or have you given your daughter.
Leave a comment and let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this. So many good things to think about--for me too, of course, not just my daughter. What Faith and I talk about a lot (my advice to her) is to be "down to earth." Such a huge theme in my life and so useful to someone her age if she can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resist the urge to chop off your hair. Solid advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learn to laugh at yourself.

    steph

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!