3.17.2010

all things green

In honor of all things green (St. Patty's Day) and the joy of spring on the hills of California!

At the beginning of 2010 I decided to keep a 5 point gratitude journal every night.
Quickly jotting down 5 things I am grateful for each day.
Yesterday's journal looked like this...

1. the green( not golden) hills of California.
2. wild flowers popping up on said hills.
3. glorious sunshine...t-shirt weather.

4. the ability to take a hike mid-morning.
5. Lucy...the best hiking companion of the day.
...
What are you grateful for today?

6 comments:

  1. Oh! That is so beautiful. Idaho is brown and will be brown for quite a while yet. Thank you for the glimpse of lovely spring hills. I am grateful for the sunshine and warmer temps, allowing the kids to go for bike rides--even if it is brown out : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I just started a gratitude journal this month, too. Today I'm thankful for daylight that last into the evening and encourages outdoor puttering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i started one and put it aside. i need to force myself to pick it back up. so, today i'm grateful for:
    1. you and your reminder of how beautiful this practice can be
    2. a conference call that went well and a day to catch up.
    3. beautiful irises in my office
    4. quiet music on my iPod
    5. an extra hour of daylight

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that i haven't written yet to tell you how THRILLED I was with the second installation of the garland of the month club. fantastic, really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Job interview tomorrow at the Williams-Sonoma headquarters!!! Pray for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful beautiful beautiful! wow- those wild flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!