2.26.2010

craft class round 2

the aftermath in the sink...but it looks so pretty don't you think?

craft of the week:
silhouette and initial painting with a bit o' glitter thrown in the mix

chose your color and start the base coat...
several base coats of acrylic paint (in fun colors) are applied with a foam brush.

looks like candy.

i took photos of the kids and printed them out on card stock, then the kids cut their silhouette out...i helped a bit with the face details.
the silhouette was then painted with black paint.

once the paint on the wooden plaque dried we glued the silhouette on.

lovely.
makes me wish i had a bunch of kids to have these hanging in a powder room somewhere.
i will modge podge them tomorrow and add hanging hardware.

initials and wooden bugs and heavy doses of glitter and flocking were the projects while the wood plaque paintings dried.

a great class and fun project.
{this is jude}
next week freezer paper tees.
more candy color craft projects forthcoming.

10 comments:

  1. you are so fun! these turned out super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those silhouettes. I really want to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer so I could be part of your class! Love these silhouettes. I did a couple of Viv at her first birthday, and they've been hanging in my bathroom ever since - love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, so the silhouette is actually the photo on card stock, just painted black? i want to try these. Good birthday party idea too. I wish flights were cheaper. I send my kids every week!
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, um, I think you need to host classes for adults next

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly though.... what would craft time be without glitter?

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops, I'D send my kids, not I send ...sadly we live hundreds of miles away. And I think you have the best way of making hard things look easy....again, your admirer here in Canada, that's me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh neat! those silhouettes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These turned out so cute. I love the choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!