12.14.2009

hand pies

remember back when i tried my hand at tomato hand pies?
super tasty goodness.

this weekend we hosted a few of john's colleagues, so i tried my hand at butternut squash hand pies.

basically i tweaked the tomato hand pie recipe...no tomatoes or olives.
instead i roasted butternut squash, sweet potatoes and onions to a lovely caramelization, mixed in feta and sage leaves.

another hit...super tasty.
let's face it anything in buttery warm pie dough in which you eat out of your hand is gonna be a hit...
try it.
...
DON"T FORGET THE GIVEAWAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. hand pies are one of those things i definitely want to try. i just need to get over my fear of the dough

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. I might need to conquer this project this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!