10.14.2009

the magician's elephant

The Elephant's Magician by Kate DiCamillo.
Wow, it might be my favorite book by Ms. DiCamillo, and the illustrations by Yoko Tanaka are divine.
I devoured the novel in mere hours...and now I am reading it to Jude.
A special Jude mom activity which happened by chance earlier today.
I'll let you know what he thinks.
I love reading to the kids but I don't read aloud as much as I used to especially now that I have avid, crazy, voracious readers.
They come from a long line of readers...
it might be in their blood (mixed with their game loving dna).
Don't you love great stories?
What have you been reading lately?
Anything worth sharing?
Oh, please share.

3 comments:

  1. I need to look at that one for my nieces

    I am not liking the book I'm reading now and am wondering if I just want to give up it's so insipid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books, books, wonderful books! I am re-reading the Little House on the Prairie series right now, and enjoying it more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this book! Most
    definitely on the Top 5
    of my most favorite books
    of all time!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!