8.16.2009

getting crafty!

Sometimes Michael's is like a drug.
I just gotta stop by.
Just gotta browse.
Just gotta pick a little something up.
Awhile back I was seduced by beautiful glass beads on sale.

Now, way back in the day I beaded a lot.

Read books, created, gifted my friends with beaded necklaces even taught a class or two.

I thought it high time to string a few beads...get back in the saddle so it speak.

As if I don't have enough crafty ideas whirling through my brain!

A lovely, chunky, golden 3 strand necklace.

A nice heft with just enough sparkle and color.

A few days later, I had another flash of brilliance.

My former "jewelery" idea ended up not working to my liking (too small with wiggly knobs) and I wanted a better solution for hanging necklaces as I already own a terrific box for bangles, earring and the such. (see right in photo).

This hanging system is a bit rough around the edges and I can't decide whether it looks too industrial or not.

I thought about painting the outer edges, framing the screen with wood or hanging the entire piece with grosgrain and calling it good.

Any thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Love the necklace and the hangy thing. I love the raw look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lOVE it. Not industrial at all. Just you! Leave it. But I'm just me, so do what you wish! Enjoy and hello to your folks.
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I like it just as is - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the industrial look, but it depends on the room. In my room, I would probably add a bit of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, i love LOVE it. i've been looking for something like this, and this is the coolest thing i've seen.
    lovely blog, truly beautiful images. i'm inspired. and also hungry :)
    -amy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!