6.02.2009

veggie love

Today I hit the local farmer's market.

Gotta love buying local,
eating local and shopping local.

Gotta love the fruits of California.
Let me tell you they taste as good as they look.
The cherries are sweet and juicy.
The apricots are first round crop and delish to eat out of hand.
Summer squash and bok choy are on the menu tonight.

As they say, life is  bowl full of cherries.
...
Have I ever mentioned that I want a market garden?
I do.
I have tomatoes, swiss chard, carrots, lettuce, cucumber and squash growing right now but it is a measly plot.  
Mostly the veggies are planted in between flowers or in containers.
I guess I will bloom where I am planted!

8 comments:

  1. looks super yummy! which farmers market is on tuesdays???

    ReplyDelete
  2. slightly jealous since I am still waiting for lush foliage on our trees. How about I quit my job and come to San Fran now? Thanks so much for the ever so subtle hinting about a visit . . . probably not this summer but maybe next summer. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you photoshop these? They look so perfectly yummy. Our garden is plant in Illinois its been so cool and wet--a late start we have beans, carrots, squash, herbs, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries, lettuce, snap peas, tomatos

    WMS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling. Good thing supper is almost ready! Those cherries look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a market tonight too - though I got handmade chicken salad. the peaches are out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks so yummy and fresh!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!