5.09.2009

I read this quote earlier this week on "My Happy Little Life" and the quote has stuck with me and so in turn I share it with you...sometimes you read just the right thing in just the right moment.


"If I don't seem to need help, it is because I have a better friend, even than father, to comfort and sustain me. My child, the troubles and temptations of your life are beginning and may be many, but you can overcome and outlive them all if you learn to feel the strength and tenderness of your Heavenly Father as you do that of your earthly one. The more you love and trust Him, the nearer you will feel to Him, and the less you will depend on human power and wisdom. His love and care never tire or change, can never be taken from you, but may become the source of life-long peace, happiness, and strength. Believe this heartily, and go to God with all your little cares, and hopes, and sins, and sorrow, as freely and confidingly as you come to your mother."                                                                                               
Marmee, Little Women, Louisa May Alcott


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Nicole. And thank you, Louisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo makes me lonely for the days when I used to sit on a chair in that room and my feet couldn't touch. It is sad to see it so empty, but it is a beautiful shot. I snitched it for my memories file.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was perfect for me to read after a long day, and even more perfect to share with my mom on mother's day- the words will be food for her soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is one of my favorite books ever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is said so well.
    I love the photo too, brings back many memories of sounds and smells and childhood fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!