3.03.2009

morning reading


A few weeks ago, I was chatting with my friend Laura about reading and the plight of moms everywhere who long to read but when we crawl into bed at the end of the day and start reading we promptly fall asleep. 
 This happens to you , right?  
I suspect this is the plight of busy folk everywhere not just moms.
Anyways, during the course of our conversation, Laura suggested (she is  student) that I try reading when I am not in bed. 
Huh? 
Novel idea. 
Reading mid-day.
Really.
Reading books for me.
Not storybooks (which can be for me too)?  Not Magic Treehouse?
Laura meant, sit down in a comfy chair at 9 am and curl up with a good book and cup of tea.
 Wow.
I think I might.
I will, right now.
...
In the pile "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life" by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
I am deeply attached to this book...it is as though she read my mind and stole my ideas.  I can relate to so much of it. 
A kindred spirit perhaps.
The other book, was a recent gift from my mom, "Home and Away; More Tales of a Heritage Farm" by  Anny Scoones.
 Quite possibly, Ms. Scoones is living my farm dream (on Vancouver Island).
I dream a little dream.

Speaking of Amy Krouse Rosenthal, she is the brilliance behind "The Beckoning of Lovely" of which I am an Ambassador (see above dog tag & business cards) of Lovely.  As I mentioned a while back, I am involved in this project as a Stuff-i-dignitary.  
You can check it out on Youtube.

2 comments:

  1. i read in the morning after i take the kids to school...i always fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat to be able to take part in that project! I loved the first two videos and it will be neat to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!