3.28.2009

Homemade English Muffins



I know you can buy english muffins everywhere but I always like a challenge.

In my cupboard sat a lowly King Arthur Flour mix for english muffins.
Now I love english muffins, especially toasted.
So, I pulled out my mix, rounded up my daughter and set out to make homemade english muffins.  
There are several steps not the least of which is waiting for the dough to double in size.

The back of the package suggested using tuna can rings if you didn't have english muffin rings (do people have those rings kicking around their pantry?). 
 We don't eat tuna too often so I saved cans for quite awhile...however the cans I had could not be opened on the bottom (too rounded)...which I only discovered as the griddle was heating up. 
I resorted to using a couple odd circular cookie cutters.

Tasty, yet time consuming. 
 I suppose with a larger griddle and real english muffin rings it would be less laborious.  Each muffin takes about 15 minutes to cook.
There were not as many nooks and crannies as I am accustomed to but there is room for improvement.
I want to try again...maybe with proper rings and without a mix.

Delia thought they were delish...see how she is stuffing her face.

3 comments:

  1. Hi you!

    I know this isn't quite the right forum, but I wanted to say "Hello!" and that I am thinking about you guys. Hope all is well!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try these but I thought they would be easier. Maybe not just yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!