3.20.2009

gimme


The spending hiatus is still going strong.
So far, other than "needs" like food, tp, birthday gifts and a plane ticket to the UK, I have curbed my spending considerably.  Since I have been blessed with grace I am not panicking about a little spending  but I enjoy the second thought, triple thought and even the ability to walk away when I really want to buy something.  So far, I bought 2 lattes, 2 books for the kids, socks for Jude, a pair of khakis, milkshake for the kids to share and a 4 pack or sharpies (for 0.74) and I think that is about it...Oh and put an offer on a house ( no money spent yet!)
I do have a couple "gimmes" on my heart though.
I throw them out there in case folk are thinking about my birthday...April 10th!

photo from Domino.com
A pouf.
I know these are popping up EVERYWHERE but I love them.
So many color options.
I like the pink but not really my decor...the mustard, chocolate and dark green look lovely too.
You can purchase them at John Derian or Tazi Designs.


popcorn maker.  I love popcorn but I don't like microwaved popcorn (although you can put popcorn in a paper bag with a wee bit of oil to microwave) and I am rarely successful with the popcorn in a pot on the stove top.



A Homemade Life. By Molly Wizenberg of Orangette.

Not really a gimme but cool nonethless.
I always copy Emily over at WideOpenSpaces. She always has the coolest things on her blog...we like so many of  the same things.  Blog kindreds I suppose.
I love this tattoo via creme de la mode.  I do not have tattoos  because 1) I am nervous 2) I can't find anything I want permanently on my body. 3) I have a nose ring instead.
...
Okay, I don't really have the true gimmes but the world is full full of amazing talent and I love beautiful things...all things lovely that speak to my soul.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I used to have a nosering in college, but every morning, without fail, I would catch it on my face towel and yank it by accident. ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on doing so well on the hiatus and happy birthday. you have to get Molly's book...it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I want that book. bad. I'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you put 'spending hiatus' and 'plane ticket to the UK' in the same post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listen Anonymous...you can't be cheeky and not leave a name!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!