3.21.2009

abundance

An abundance of pencils.
Nearly every day I hear the call for a pencil.
 Or rather the inability to find a sharpened pencil. 
 So, I set out on a mission.
To round up, collect and sharpen the wayward pencils in our home.
There were/are many.
I sorted, tossed, sharpened and assembled pencils into one container.
Oddly satisfying.

An abundance of Delia's artwork carefully taped to her bedroom windows.
Light is blocked but charming nonetheless.

We, as a family are abundantly blessed, in more ways than one.
We, as a nation are abundantly blessed, in more ways than one.
I am blessed.


3 comments:

  1. Nicole - you have an amazing gift for photography and design! You can make things like pencils and a cut up orange look like the pencil and orange that transcends the everyday! I love it! I have moved my blog to a new location - I needed a spring shake up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I'm a friend of Sarah and I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog. It's beautiful! She's right you do have a gift for photography and design. I hope you don't mind me snooping...I am loving your new title and love your latest "abundance" entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole,
    (I'm a friend of Chatty)I have to tell you that I used to be a 1st grade teacher and when I was just too tired to grade another paper or drive another staple into a new bulletin board at the end of a long day, I would gather up all the nasty dull pencils from the containters in the middle of our desks and go to the staff workroom to sharpen pencils mindlessly for a good 20 minutes. I agree--oddly satisfying!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!