2.12.2009

school closures

A sign of the times.
For quite sometime there have been rumors and rumors of rumors about school closures in our district. The district in which we live. The district in which my husband teaches and the district in which our children attend school.
We knew the potential school closures would effect us.
John's school will be closing at the end of the school year.
He still has a job, where in the district is still unknown but he has been at his school 12+ years.
Have I ever mentioned that my beloved is a pack rat and he will have a months worth of packing to do. I will be away the week after school gets out (I am off to the UK with my sisters & Mom)...if you have free time you can always volunteer your time helping John pack...Jackie???
This news could be worse as many families the worldwide have lost jobs and homes and more. We are grateful for all we have and for the blessings God has bestowed upon us.
...
Unrelated...stay tuned for a giveaway tomorrow.
Yep, a giveaway.

4 comments:

  1. I am really sorry to hear that Nicole. I truely believe when the Lord closes one door he always opens another, praying for guidance for you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad when a school closes. The door closes on the school spirit and the history that was made in each one of those classrooms. My high school closed down recently and it makes me so sad. What happens to all the memorabilia and the art and the medals etc when a school closes?

    I will pray for his new job and that the Lord will lead clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll do what I can to help pack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good perspective, Nicole! Yes, there is much suffering, loss and just nastiness in the world. Yeah he still has a job, and too bad for John, but lucky for you to be away when he has to pack up!!!!! I hate packing and am trying to undo being a certified pack rat myself :-)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!