2.12.2009

expensive hunk of plastic

A few days ago, we invested in a very expensive hunk of plastic.
Not compared to the BTE (behind-the-ear) expensive (thanks for paying Kaiser)
A nifty pink, purple and white swirly hunk of plastic.
Also known as an ear mold.
I had a friend inquire about moldy ears...wrong kind of mold.
We are hoping the ear mold will help keep Delia's BTE on her ear.
Hoping.
Time will tell. Delia is thrilled of course.
She picked the color combo. Can you tell?
For those of you who don't already know, Delia was born profoundly deaf and has a cochlear implant which enables her to hear.
She is a bionic girl.
Truly.
One of these days, I will share the story of our journey into deafness.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool Dels! Is there no magnet anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting for your book...about deafness, life, or hands. I'll take any you write, my friend.

    steph

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!