8.25.2008

primo


my morning breakfast
...
This is my first post on the Mac...
boy, oh boy, do I have a lot to learn...
anybody want to stop by and give me a tutorial.  
I do know a few things, but I need to think more about what I am doing.  
I need a challenge though so here goes nothing...another time zapper.
...
...
Today's big commitment was a welcome back luncheon for all the teachers at the kids school. Yep, I am involved in the PTA and I volunteered to spearhead the luncheon...
I had help though, the more the merrier, right?
  A summery buffet of salads, fresh bread and fruit tarts.
As I was purchasing food, dicing veggies, slicing meat and preparing the salads I was reminded of the "elimination rounds" in Top Chef.  I think I made it to the next round.
Super delish. 
 The teachers ate and ate until it was nearly gone.
...
...
That's a good sign, right?
By the end there was a ton of bread left and about 1 serving of salad and zero dessert.
Perfect planning on portions.
...
...
The PTA also gave "goodie bags" to the teachers...
I love how they put it together...in a lunch sack. 
 Clever. 
Speaking of lunch sacks, I want to sew lunch tote/sacks for the kids but I decided to use oilcloth, which means a quick trip to a fabric store and since that has yet to happen Jude will get lunch in a paper sack.
Yep, tomorrow kicks off the school year.
  Yep, that means I finally have a free morning!
More on that tomorrow.
...

1 comment:

I love comments!