7.17.2008

Sorrow.
Today we celebrate and mourn the life and death of our friend Searcy.
My heart breaks for his wife and young son he leaves here on earth.
Sometimes life doesn't seem fair.
...
Sorrow.

edit: Searcy was a poker buddy of John's, a mutual friend in our circle of friends, neighbourhood guy, friend who sat at our kitchen table, a friend to many and a man of great courage who bravely fought cancer. He will be greatly missed.
Several of you emailed me privately and I appreciate your kind words. The passing of our friend touched me deeper and harder than I had anticipated.
My heart is full of sadness lately, bearing the sadness of friends and family. We can not escape sorrow but we can help carry the load. Though life is not fair, God is faithful to the end. I do not what this means exactly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!