6.27.2008

Bread and jam

Today was a stay-in-your-pj's-and-watch-tv-kinda day around here.
I didn't even shower or get out of my pj's until nearly 5pm.
A great summer day.
I let the kids eat breakfast in the living room while watching a video and tonight we finished off the day eating Vietnamese curry chicken take out while watching "Heidi".
The kids love days at home and for them staying in pj's means I won't hustle them out the door to run a errand.
A relaxing day for the kids but for me highly productive.
I finally tackled the daunting task of re-organizing the built in bookcase wall in Jude's room...
I have been procrastinating for , oh, about, 3 months or so.
Give or take.
Finally it is done, of course I came across other projects that now need my attention.
In between, the re-organizing , newspaper reading and laundry I cracked my new cookbook, "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" and whip up some boule (fancy for fancy bread).


Simple mixing,

a few hours of rising,

loaf shaping, followed by more rising.

A little slash here and there, and pop the loaf in the oven for 30 minutes or so.
I followed the directions of course!

Golden crust, and gorgeous crumb and shall I mention delish.

Quickly the entire loaf disappeared into our tummies.

Yum-o!

Bread and jam for Dels and Jude.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh my word - yummy!
    I sure hope your Monday night guests are not causing your organizing frenzy Ü can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you email me the recipe? Yum. I love to make homemade bread. The kneading causes all sorts of tension to come out :-)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence! We went to the Ferry Building Farmer's Market today and Jeff Hertzberg was at the Book Passage speaking and giving a demonstration! I've been wanting that book too. The kids were restless though so we didn't stick around. But it's pretty funny to come home and see you talk about the same book.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!