4.19.2008

Sorrow

What A Day That Will Be
There is coming a day,
When no heart aches shall come,
No more clouds in the sky,
No more tears to dim the eye,
All is peace forever more,
On that happy golden shore,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
There'll be no sorrow there,
No more burdens to bear,
No more sickness, no pain,
No more parting over there;
And forever I will be,
With the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
What a day that will be,
When my Jesus I shall see,
And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;
When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,
What a day, glorious day that will be.
--------
Yesterday, April 18 late in the evening
John's beloved Grandma Gill passed from this life into heaven.
She was loved by many. She will be missed.
Our hearts are heavy with sorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I used to live in San Leandro (grew up in the Oakland mtg.) and sometimes on Sunday afternoons my dad, brother and I would ride our bikes over (and up the hill!) to the Gill's house. Mrs. Gill always offered us a cold drink and some kind of treat and made us feel welcome. She was such a sweet, cheerful lady.

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you...
    ~Anna Christenson

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus." Rev 22:20.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got your card today, Nicole. Thank you for your thoughts. And may you all now also be comforted. g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole I am sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that in the midst of the sorrow, you get to celebrate her life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May you rejoice in her memory and celebrate her legecy. Know that my heart goes out to you and the family during this time. I wish I could be there to provide a shoulder to lean on, but alas know that I'm thinking of you all and hope you know that I'm only a phone call away.

    Much love,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!