3.20.2008

brilliant

Okay, a post without a photo. So rare and so unlike me but alas here I am. I was trying to steal an image of this brilliant book I just read but I couldn't do it so instead I will send you on a treasure hunt and then send you out to purchase your own copy. I feel a theme gift coming on. The book for 2008 perhaps. Not necessarily the best book I have ever read but brilliant in execution; illustration and a perfect book to re-read over and over during the course of one's life. A keeper. Possibly one of the most interesting books I've read...top 10...as of today.

On other news front, we are nearly packed...we are sharing one suitcase and John is carrying a backpack and I am taking a leather tote. I have to make the final decisions of the necessity of a few cosmetics but other than that I could hop on the plane tomorrow...except my mom isn't here yet and the tickets are for Saturday. Look out London, Prague and Rome here I come. I am excited but slightly panicked...who I am without my motherly duties? Who am I outside my little world? I am about to find out and rediscover the other side of me.

2 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay! I'm very excited for you to take off on your trip! Have a fabulous time! Can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I can only imagine such a trip, hopefully in a few years. I hope it is a fantasticaly rejuvinating and inspiring time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!