- learned to sew...took classes, completed many projects and accumulated oodles of fabric
- finished a 1/2 marathon in October and a gruelling 7 mile race in the spring
- hiked Half-Dome...brutal
- took up the fine art of blogging
- Travelled to Kauai, Cambria and Camp Sierra
- vacationed with the kids...Disneyland...a first-time-as-a-family adventure
- read numerous amazing books "Plenty", "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle", "The Kite Runner", "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" to name a few
- learned to make homemade yogurt and at-home lattes
- started shopping with a "local/in season" bent...still learning of course
- raised chicks into egg laying hens
- had cataract/glaucoma surgery and purchased bifocals
- became the mom to a kindergartner
- made new livelong friends
- attended "Peter and the Wolf"
- this is not a goal but was offered pot 3 different times by 3 different people in the course of about 3 weeks...am I in high school or something?
You get the idea...there are so many that I can barely recall all the newness of 2007 now that 2007 has become the past. What will 2008 hold for me? I have an idea or two of goals I want to accomplish and plans I wish to see through such as...
- memorize 25 bible verses/portions
- master bread making
- learn a new craft...Gocco perhaps?
- battle the bulge...an ongoing yearly goal
- kick Iritis's a**
- travel to Prague
- hike the 5 highest "hills" in the bay area
- learn to keep my "inbox" clean; documents cleaned up and take control of my "bookmarks"...seriously folks it is out of control
- pursue a simple, less cluttered, less consumer driven lifestyle
- adopt a more grateful heart
Again not a complete list for only God knows my tomorrow and in His hand I will rest.
Here's to 2008 and how the year will unfold.