1.01.2008

another year

There is something about the end of the year and the beginning of a new year that causes me to stop and think about the past and of course the future. 2007 was a big year actually all years seem to be that way but last year I learned many new things, traveled to new destinations and accomplished many new tasks. Here is a somewhat incomplete off the top of my head list:
  • learned to sew...took classes, completed many projects and accumulated oodles of fabric
  • finished a 1/2 marathon in October and a gruelling 7 mile race in the spring
  • hiked Half-Dome...brutal
  • took up the fine art of blogging
  • Travelled to Kauai, Cambria and Camp Sierra
  • vacationed with the kids...Disneyland...a first-time-as-a-family adventure
  • read numerous amazing books "Plenty", "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle", "The Kite Runner", "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" to name a few
  • learned to make homemade yogurt and at-home lattes
  • started shopping with a "local/in season" bent...still learning of course
  • raised chicks into egg laying hens
  • had cataract/glaucoma surgery and purchased bifocals
  • became the mom to a kindergartner
  • made new livelong friends
  • attended "Peter and the Wolf"
  • this is not a goal but was offered pot 3 different times by 3 different people in the course of about 3 weeks...am I in high school or something?

You get the idea...there are so many that I can barely recall all the newness of 2007 now that 2007 has become the past. What will 2008 hold for me? I have an idea or two of goals I want to accomplish and plans I wish to see through such as...

  • memorize 25 bible verses/portions
  • master bread making
  • learn a new craft...Gocco perhaps?
  • battle the bulge...an ongoing yearly goal
  • kick Iritis's a**
  • travel to Prague
  • hike the 5 highest "hills" in the bay area
  • learn to keep my "inbox" clean; documents cleaned up and take control of my "bookmarks"...seriously folks it is out of control
  • pursue a simple, less cluttered, less consumer driven lifestyle
  • adopt a more grateful heart

Again not a complete list for only God knows my tomorrow and in His hand I will rest.

Here's to 2008 and how the year will unfold.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, good luck!! What an amazing list, you should be nominated for awards, not me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, here is to a new year to be filled with: happiness, joy, knowledge, fun and lots of achievements. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you sign me up for some of those goals too, particularly the bulge one? Seriously, goals are a admirable thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chatty...Gocco is a printmaking craft...Japanese in origin...google it...very cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!