12.02.2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We decked the halls, trimmed the tree and created a winter wonderland scene.
The Christmas books are out and Alan Jackson is crooning.
It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Christmas...my all time favorite holiday. I love the decor...especially the white, red silver themes. I dig the wintery snowy "nature" tables...I miss the great white North of my childhood, now that I live in California (where it does snow... Winter Olympics 1960) I just happen to live where it does not snow. Now I have a romantic notion of snowy days and cozy fires but I know that novelty would wear thin if I had to bundle the kids in snowsuits and drive in blizzardy weather.
Come on a girl can dream...especially on her blog!!

Usually I do not allow the kids to help decorate the Christmas tree...I am a self admitted control freak. This year I relented and I am glad I did. I am sharing my love of Christmas with the kids. On Friday evening we picked a tree from a local discount tree lot...someday we will trudge back out into our woods, select the perfect tree and cart in home...come spring we would plant a couple more...still dreaming of course.
Back to reality, later Friday evening John's poker buddies trimmed the branches and placed the tree in the stand...ready for decorations. At approximately 7 am Saturday morning the kids & I ate cinnamon toast and warm chai while we opened the Christmas totes...oh the forgotten treasures of Christmas past...yes it was a party. The kids each get to decorate a mini tree for their bedrooms (Delsie has a princess theme and Jude has a moose theme) and I controlled the ornaments for the "family" tree. We read Christmas books like this and that. Listened to carols and turned the new snowglobe over about a 1000 times. Indeed it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you!

1 comment:

  1. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here too. :) The neighbors have started putting up all their Christmas lights up... I love it! (As long as they don't overdo it with those blown up frosties and light up plastic santas!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!