11.20.2007

a thankful heart


I struggle to find within myself a thankful heart. Why is this? There are so many things I can be grateful for and especially this week...this Thanksgiving week. I want for nothing...sure I have a few wish list items like land, goats, gardens and a faithful dog but really I have all I need and more. My life is full and blessed. My family is delightful and in spite of a bum right eye I am in good health. (Yes, my eye is getting better, the achiness is lessening and the vision is blurry but each day there is an improvement.) The sun is shining, cousins are visiting from afar (wahoo there is a baby in the house) and tomorrow we shall feast on turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans and pie. Tomorrow we shall open our home to those who have no place to go for Thanksgiving, we will share a meal and say grace to our God, who provides us all things.
Thank you!
I share a poem I read on another blog...

for each new morning with its light,
for rest and shelter of the night,
for health and food,
for love and friends,
for everything thy goodness sends.
for flowers that bloom about our feet;
for tender grass, so fresh, so sweet;
for song of bird, and hum of bee;
for all things fair we hear or see,
father in heaven, we thank thee!
~ralph waldo emerson

2 comments:

  1. The poem is a perfect summary to all we have to be thankful for.

    So glad you're beginning to feel whole again. Have a wonderful and yummy (which I know it will be. we still talk about your stuffing) thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing that poem.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!