11.08.2007

my nature table

Ever since our foray to the forest our treasures are displayed on our kitchen/dining table as well as a table in the living room. Acorns, leaves, twigs and pinecones...a teachable homeschooling moment. Although I am not homeschooling...not officially, although I think about it a least twice a day...for the time being the boy is enrolled at the local public school and next year his sister will join him. Back to the photo, we pretend all this is our very own "nature table". Don't you love the little owl...not a forest find! Rumor has it that the bird/woodland creature trend is on the way out...I don't care I heart birds and all those forest(ish) delights! I have big plans to sew owl stuffies...today I started on a couple zippered pouches from Amy Karol's book. I remind myself continually that I am a beginner and practice makes perfect. I get impatient and want instant excellent results right off the bat. Patience my dear!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty arrangement. I love the little owl. I just bought the Amy Karol book this week to try the little pouch too. Don't know when I'll get to it though. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nicole just thought I would drop a line and let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers today as you undergo your surgery. I hope this kicks your ol' iritis in the booty...or eye whatever! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!