7.22.2007

Cinnamon Petal Biscuit Recipe

There have been many requests for this recipe and here it is, from my understanding it is an old Sunset recipe. I found this recipe on someone's blog and for the life of me could not find which blog...goes to show how much blog browsing I do!! So if is this from your blog, let me know!

Enjoy! Yum-o!



Cinnamon Petal Biscuits


2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup shortening
2/3 cup milk
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons cinnamon
Grease twelve 2 ½ inch muffin cups. Set aside
In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, the 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of dry mixture. Add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead the dough by gently folding and pressing for 10 to 12 strokes or until nearly smooth. Divide dough in half. Roll half of the dough to a 12x10 inch rectangle. Brush dough with half of the melted butter. In a small bowl stir together the ¼ cup sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle half over the dough. Cut rectangle into five 12x12 inch strips. Stack the five strips on top of each other. Cut stack into six 2x2 squares. Place squares, cut sides down, in prepared muffin cups. Repeat with remaining dough, remaining butter, and remaining cinnamon mixture.
Bake biscuits in a 450 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 12 biscuits.

7 comments:

  1. It's Jason. I'm trying to reach you through every available internet avenue. Call me or email me about high tea at the Empress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, what is that last comment about? Kind of weird.

    Anyways, thank you for finding the recipe and posting it! I will make these sometime to serve with breakfast. MMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just so everyone can stop the madness...Jason is a friend of John's and Jason and his wife are going to be on Vancouver Island at the same time as we are and we are going on a double date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leon the gardener.July 24, 2007 at 5:29 PM

    Love your blog! Can I come to Tea?
    What day and time? I love crumpets in bed! I don't have a date so I can be the thumb! Ooh, the Empress gives me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry... I know that was random. The Iwawakis aren't being stalked or anything strange like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you found the recipe. Ok, so now I just have to print it so I can actually produce these little wonders of joy.

    Thanks again. I know this wasn't easy to find.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!