6.06.2007

double post day

I'm so vain.
Today I picked up my new glasses. Please note the tiny rhinestones on the side match my nosering. This is my attempt to look more artsy. What this phot does not show is my droopy left eyeball due to the endless amounts of steroid and eye pressure drops that have been placed into the iris of my iritis afflicted eyeball. That's right folks, a mere 10.5 months of steroids...drops, injections and oral meds just for an iris. Currently I am down to 5-6 drops a day! Nice! My cousins with the lousy HLAB27 genes will be able to relate...a big thank you to our fathers! Do I sound bitter? I am not... what can I do...DNA is DNA and you can't go changing that, now can you!
I have finally come to terms with the fact that I may never wear contacts again...I hope to but I have hoped for many things regarding my eyes in the past year and here I am at age 35 with poor night vision and fancy new rhinestone glasses. Oh the glitz, oh the glamour!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Love the blingy glasses and nose ring. You really are one hip hot mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you are.

    have wanted to comment here in the past but keep forgetting bloody google password!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I like rhinestones, especially on glasses.

    As for HLAB27, I am quite familiar with it, as I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, as does my dad. Fortunately, his is not as bad as mine. I know that sounds silly, (I should only be thinking about myself..right?) but he is a farmer, so if his was any worse he would be out of a job. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, but thankfully that isn't connected and can't be passed on from generation to generation. I am so thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh la la Nicole. Next time we get together we will have to compare glasses because mine too have a wee bit of bling but I think it is just glues on glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!