5.03.2007

Passion Flower

Today, my long awaited, Passion Flower Vine bloomed it's first bloom. Glorious. Curious. This is my second attempted at growing this vine and I have been waiting for a long time, months upon months, for the first glimpse of a bud. Alas the bud came when I was away but waited to bloom until I had a moment to stop and notice. Ahhhh.
The ghetto chicken coop is ready to go, my mom & I (and later John pitched in) fixed up and added a rain cover and security (cat & racoon proof) to the existing rabbit hutch turned chick hut. Apparently the chicks are coming tomorrow or the next day. Our friend, Eric, has been tending the flock, along with his chicks, while we have been away and I have yet to lay eyes on the little ladies. Yes, we are adding to the madness...3 chicks...let's hope 3 hens this time..not the fiasco of last time when 2 "hens" were roosters and the third got eaten by a racoon. The saga does not end there but that is a story for another day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I have never seen a flower anything like it. That would be awesome to paint!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!