5.14.2007

Monday is laundry day.

Monday is laundry day...who am I kidding...everyday, except Sunday (unless there is an accident) is laundry day. Every day. I could never be so structured as to have set days of the week for set chores. Apparently some people do. I doubt those people need to line dry their laundry. Airing their dirty laundry so to speak...clean laundry that is. I am currently line drying the whole mess of clothes, bedding etc because my dryer(Grandma Gill's old dryer, of which we are grateful) makes a high pitch squeal. The noise is so loud and annoying that we can hardly bear to be in the house when the dryer is on. The flip side is that I love the air dried clothes..the way they smell and the crispness...a glimpse of the simpler, quieter life I crave. However unless it is a warm, windy day the laundry task can take all day. Maybe a Laundromat is the ticket, nah my kids would drive me crazy and insist on touching every dirty nasty thing they could touch.

Posted by Picasa
These are my seedlings...patiently waiting to be planted. Look at the poor sunflowers reaching for the sky. Be patient my wee ones, I may get a free moment later in the week...Thursday perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. Would you believe one of the covenants of the town where we live says you can't hang laundry outside!?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!